Calling all Youth Entrepreneurs for an exciting opportunity to pitch your proposal in person to a panel of successful leaders in business and finance.
Qualified finalists will compete live at the Align Us Pathway to Your Future 2022 Leadership Conference.
To apply for Into The Lion’s Den (Mock) pitch competition, visit www.align-us.org Application
Into The Lion's Den Competition
Rules & Regulations
- This is a mock pitch competition participants will gain invaluable experience and
opportunity to pitch to industry leaders. No investment will be made.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 13-21 and reside in the United States of
- Applicants must register for the conference and if selected as finalist, must attend in
order to participate
- Applicants must submit a signed waiver with parent signature if under the age of 18
- Proposals must be pdf format, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org , no more than 10 pages, size 12 font and must include the following topics:
- Cover Sheet with Name of Business, Location, Hours of Operation, Logo
- Scope of Work, Short term, long term, national/International
- Business Plan
- How does your business/product differ from other?
- How does your product/service get made/marketed/sold?
- How long does it take to make/provide your product/service?
- Which distributors will you supply to?
- How do you supply to distributors?
- How are you pricing your product/service?
- Will you need marketing and what kinds?
- How does this compare to similar services or products in the market?
- What skills do you bring to your enterprise?
- Who is your consumer? age/income/profession/location etc
- What licences will you need?
- Will you need a lawyer?
- Will you need insurance?
- What are the costs associated with all of the above ?
- Start up costs
- How much funding would you need?
- SWOT analysis- evaluate the strength, weakness, opportunities and threats involved in your business
- Develop a strategy for dealing with risks